Sunday, December 7, 2008

Palm Beach, again...

got a chance to take one of those solo trips again...(there have been a couple I haven't mentioned on this blog; I just love the place! I go anytime I get a chance)

I think I know why I like it so much -- it's as close to Europe-by-the Sea as I've seen in the US

Delia

P.S. The schnitzel at Cafe L'Europe took me back to Austria... (It's been five years or so since I was in Vienna last time); the apple strudel was not quite an accurate rendition (the pastry needs to have more volume and be baked to a golden brown and walnuts and breadcrumbs are supposed to go into the filling also, not just the apples...) but it was good nonetheless; fresh squeezed OJ and linzer tart at the Champs-Elysees French bakery not bad either...

P.P.S. Taverna Opa at CityPlace (in West Palm Beach) had a Romanian song at one point (as part of a belly dancing soundtrack) -- the waiter had told me that was Greek music, but I set him straight :)... I didn't know what I was supposed to do when an older guy came over to my table and asked me why I was sitting all by myself and how I should go join his group at the bar and have a drink at his expense... Nope! thank you... (I was quite happy in my solitude) D.

No comments: